The STHD is an embedded strap-tie holdown offering high-load capacity. The STHD incorporates many features that aid correct installation and improve performance. When installed on the forms with the StrapMate® strap holder, the unique design of the STHD delivers enhanced stability before and during the pour to help prevent both parallel and perpendicular movement (relative to the form). This results in accurate positioning of the strap and reduced possibility of spalling.
- Material: 12 gauge
- Finish: Galvanized
- Sold individually
- The fastener pattern allows for fastening to the edges of back-to-back studs
- Strap nail slots are countersunk to provide a lower nail head profile
- The slots below the embedment line enable increased front-to-back concrete bond and help to reduce spalling
- Rim joist models accommodate up to a 17" clear span without any loss of strap fastening
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Use table below for both standard concrete and post-tension slab installations.
- Install before concrete pour with a StrapMate or other holding device.
- Fasten strap from the bottom up.
- Strap may be bent one full cycle (bent horizontal 90° then bent vertical) to aid wall placement, but may cause spalling behind the strap. If the spall is 1" or less, measured from the embedment line to the bottom of the spall, full loads apply. 1" to 4" spalls for LSTHD8 achieve 0.9 times table loads. STHD10 and STHD14 achieve full load for spalls less than 4". Any portion of the strap left exposed should be protected against corrosion.
- Other than where noted in the two-pour detail, do not install where: (a) a horizontal cold joint exists within the embedment depth between the slab and foundation wall or footing beneath, unless provisions are made to transfer the load, or the slab is designed to resist the load imposed by the anchor; or (b) slabs are poured over concrete block foundation walls.
- Additional studs attached to the shearwall studs or post may be required by the Designer for wall sheathing fastening.
- For installation in severe corrosion environments, see Corrosion Information.