The SCS is a hybrid clip designed specifically to allow both slide-clip or fixed-clip applications in areas of high seismic activity. Everything about the SCS clip — from its heavy-duty 10- and 12-gauge steel manufacturing to its strategically placed darts to the location of its fastener slots and holes — has been engineered to provide exceptional resistance to in-plane seismic loads. Backed by our real-world, full-scale cyclic testing, the SCS seismic clip delivers the highest seismic loads in the industry. Slide-clip testing shows that attachment at the first slot is most critical to in-plane capacity; the SCS is designed to accommodate two large washer screws (included) at the first slot attached to the stud. The hole types and locations maximize the SCS clip's versatility, with three prepunched oblong slots for slide-clip applications and a pattern of round holes allowing fixed-clip options to meet a range of load needs.
- Material: 10 ga. (97 mil), 50 ksi
- Finish: Galvanized (G90)
- 25 count per box
- XLSH78B1414 #14 shoulder screws included
- The clips come in lengths of 3 1/2", 6" and 8"
- Slide slots used with shouldered washer screws (included) allow a full 1" of vertical deflection
- Precision-located ribs enhance strength while allowing ductility
- Simpson Strong-Tie No-Equal® stamps alongside slide slots indicate proper screw placement
- Dual-function clip with prepunched slots for slide application and small round holes for fixed application
- SCS32-5 permits 1" max standoff fixed-applications and 1 1/2" max slide applications. SCS62-5 and SCS82-5 max standoff are 2 1/4" fixed-applications and 3" slide applications.
- Use the specified type and number of anchors.
- Slide applications: Use the specified number of XLSH78B1414 #14 shoulder screws (included). Install the screws in the slots adjacent to the No-Equal stamps.
- Fixed applications: Use the specified number of #10 screws (not included) in the designated screw holes.