Ideal for high-seismic areas, Simpson Strong-Tie® SC connectors
are the optimal solution for slide-clip bypass framing. SC clips are
often welded to the structure in high-seismic zones, but they also
feature anchorage holes so that concrete screws or powder-actuated
fasteners can be used to attach the clip to the structure. In addition
to anchorage versatility, the SC clips include "No-Equal" stamps at
the center of the slots to ensure proper shouldered screw placement.
SC connectors are manufactured using heavy-duty 10- and 12-gauge
steel to provide exceptional resistance to in-plane seismic load.
- Material: 50 ksi
- Finish: Galvanized (G90)
- The clips come in lengths of 3 1/2", 6" and 8" for use with 3 5/8", 6" and 8" studs, respectively
- The maximum standoff distance is 1" for 3 5/8" studs and 1 1/2" for 6"and 8" studs
- Provides a full 3/4" of both upward and downward deflection
- Embossments in the bend line provide increased strength and stiffness in the F1 and F2 load directions, but are positioned towards the center of the clip so that 1 1/2"-long welds can be applied at the top and bottom of the clip
- Prepunched large-diameter anchor holes accommodate 1/4"-diameter concrete screws like the Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD®
- Prepunched small-diameter anchor holes accommodate powder-actuated fasteners like the 0.157"-diameter Simpson Strong-Tie PDPAT or the #12 self-drilling Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive® XL Large-Head Metal screw
- Precision-manufactured shouldered screws, provided with SC connectors, are designed to prevent overdriving and to ensure the clip functions properly
- Use the specified type and number of anchors.
- Use the specified number of XLSH78B1414 #14 shouldered screws (included). Install the screws in the slots adjacent to the "No-Equal" stamps.
- Use one shouldered screw per slot (maximum).