Simpson Strong-Tie introduces the DSSCB for cold-formed steel construction. The DSSCB is used to anchor cold-formed steel bypass framing to the edge of a floor slab in order to accommodate horizontal building drift. The DSSCB simplifies panelized construction by allowing contractors to install finished panels from the top of the slab without the need to predrill or preinstall anchors for each clip. It also eliminates the coordination difficulties associated with preanchorage of standard bypass clips. With prepunched slots and round holes, the DSSCB is a dual-function connector that can be used for slide-clip and fixed-clip applications.
- Material: DSSCB — 97 mil (12 ga.), 50 ksi; DSHS — 97 mil (12 ga.), 33 ksi
- Finish: Galvanized (G90)
- 25 count per box
- Screws included
- Clips come in lengths of 3 1/2", 6" and 8".
- Prepunched slots provide a full 1" of both upward and downward deflection.
- Precision-manufactured shouldered screws, provided with DSSCB connectors, are designed to prevent overdriving and to ensure the clip functions properly.
- Works with 13/16" and 1 5/8" strut channels as given in the accompanying figures. Common manufactured brands are Unistrut®, PHD and B-Line. Struts are not supplied by Simpson Strong-Tie.
- The maximum slide-clip standoff distance is 3 1/16" for 13/16" struts, 3 7/8" for 1 5/8" struts and 2 1/4" for concrete inserts.
- Depending on the application and the Designer’s specifications, struts can be either mechanically anchored, welded or cast in place.
- Pre-engineered design solutions are provided for channel strut anchorage.
- Tabulated design values are based on assembly testing to mitigate risk for designers, engineers and architects.
- Optional precast concrete inserts for flush mounting.
- Optional drift stopper, DSHS, for clip alignment flexibility (where drift not required).
- Use the specified type and number of fasteners