The SCB slide-clip connector is a time-saving, high-performance slide-clip connector for bypass framing applications that simplifies design and detailing for the Designer and reduces field labor and material costs. Providing allowable anchorage loads for these connectors – with powder-actuated pins, screws, welds or Simpson Strong-Tie® Titen® concrete screws – eliminates the need to design this anchorage. For designs that have typically required two parts to accommodate large stand-offs, the SCB can take their place, thereby reducing field labor. The connector is manufactured in five different lengths to accommodate a variety of stand-off conditions and steel stud sizes.
Box Quantity: All Clip Sizes Come In A Box Of 25.
- Provides a full 1" of both upward and downward movement
- Clips that allow 1 3/8" of upward and downward movement are available by special order.
- The precision-manufactured shouldered screws provided with the SCB connector are designed to prevent overdriving and to ensure the clip functions properly
- Strategically placed stiffeners, embossments and anchor holes maximize connector performance
- Simpson Strong-Tie® "No-Equal" stamps mark the center of the slots to help
ensure correct shouldered-screw placement
54 mil (16 ga.)
- Use the specified type and number of anchors.
- Use the specified number of #14 shouldered screws (included). Install shouldered screws in the slots adjacent to the "No-Equal" stamp.
- Use a maximum of 1 screw per slot.